INCAE Business School, the leading business school in Latin America according to the prestigious Financial Times ranking, has developed together with EMERITUS, a leader in digital education globally, a portfolio of open programs and specialized 100% online master's degrees of the highest quality for executives to continue strengthening their capabilities, in a world so unpredictable and competitive.
Be part of the INCAE experience completely online, from anywhere in the world and without stopping working!
Stephen R. Brenes
He specializes in the areas of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and was Dean of INCAE Business School from 2001 to 2007. He currently leads the Steve Aronson Chair of Strategy and Agribusiness, is the Academic Director of the Executive MBA (EMBA) and of the Senior Management Program. He was a visiting professor at the University of Michigan for 10 years and at Cotrugli Business School in Europe for 8 years. He has taught in executive programs at the Business Schools of the Universities of Michigan, Chicago and Duke and In Company programs for Carlsberg, Coca Cola, Oracle, CEMEX, Citibank, Chiquita, among others.
It has more than 30 international academic publications, 60 case studies and four books, to say: The Future of Entrepreneurship in Latin America with J. Haar, Understanding Entrepreneurial Family Businesses in Uncertain Environments: Opportunities and Resources in Latin America with M. Nordqvist et.al., Present and Future Challenges of the Environment y Productivity in the Central American Agribusiness and Evaluation of Projects in Environmental Impact.
President and founder of Brenes, Artavia Consultores y Asociados SA (www.bacyasociados.com). Among other companies, he has consulted on strategy, mergers and acquisitions and family businesses in: Kraft CA, Holcim CR, Tetrapak CA&C, Panama Canal Authority, Grupo Britt NV, Grupo Monge, Interbank Peru, Bantrab Guatemala, Fertica Panamá, Hospital Clínica Biblica, Televisora de Costa Rica SA, MercaSid, Grupo Rica, Distribuidora Pedro Oller, Grupo De Sola, among others. He was Minister of Science and Technology and Minister of Agriculture and Livestock of the Government of Costa Rica.
Juan Carlos Barahona
- Academic Director of the first master's degree that INCAE will launch online, the Master in Marketing and Customer-Oriented Digital Transformation. Co-director of the Executive Master in Marketing and Digital Transformation and the Executive Master in Business Analytics. Professor of Technology and Innovation Management at INCAE.
- Network scientist and consultant in sociometry; member of the Human Dynamics Group of the MIT Media Laboratory.
- Graduated in Business Administration from the International University of the Americas, Barahona has an MBA from INCAE Business School and a doctorate in Media, Arts and Sciences from MIT.
- Full-time Professor of Innovation and Change Management at INCAE since 2013; he teaches classes in the Executive MBA and is academic director of the Senior Executive Program and several open programs.
- Cardoza has advised several governments in Latin America and has been a consultant for international organizations such as the IDB or UNESCO, and international companies such as Adidas, Grupo Santander, 3M or Nestlé.
- A chemical engineer from the National University of Colombia, Cardoza has three master's degrees from the Sorbonne University, a Ph.D. in Economics and Development from the Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris III University and postdoctoral studies at the KSG-Harvard University and at the Sloan School of Management at MIT.
Maria Elena Carballo
- INCAE assistant professor in master's programs; teaches courses in the areas of humanities and communication.
- Prior to joining INCAE, Carballo was a Fulbright-LASPAU Fellow for three years and obtained the Hirschfeld Fellowship at Brandeis University for two consecutive years. The book La Casa Paterna, of which she is a co-author, won the 1993 National Essay Award in Costa Rica. From 2006 to 2010, she was Minister of Culture and Youth of Costa Rica.
- With a degree in Spanish Philology from the University of Costa Rica, Carballo has a master's degree and a doctorate in Literary Studies from Brandeis University.
- INCAE Visiting Professor; participates in the Executive MBA and the Executive Master in Marketing & Digital Transformation.
- With more than 10 years of experience in digital marketing, Restrepo has developed strategies for the positioning of dozens of brands, including Nestlé, 3M, New Balance, Honda or Johnson & Johnson.
- Restrepo is also a visiting professor of marketing and digital transformation at IESE Business School, Georgetown University, and Boston University.
- INCAE Assistant Professor in Financial and Management Accounting courses; Control and Budgeting; and Applied Research.
- Consultant for companies in the Central American region, member of the American Accounting Association and advisor to the Costa Rican government in the areas of fraud and manipulation of accounting figures.
- A graduate of the Autonomous University of Central America, Rodríguez has an MBA from INCAE and a Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Minnesota.
- INCAE assistant professor in technology and innovation; He teaches the Digital Transformation course and participates in the Latin American Leadership MBA and the Global Perspective MBA.
- He has dedicated himself to investigating the phenomena of technology management through data analytics, as well as the philosophical and methodological challenges posed by the use of machine learning for casual inference.
- With a degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Costa Rica, Fernández has a Master's degree in Computer Science and Informatics from the same university and a doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Illinois.
- INCAE assistant professor in politics, international business, corporate strategy and competitiveness.
- As an independent consultant, Ciravegna carried out competitiveness and cluster development work in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Brazil, Colombia and Italy.
- Having studied Economic History at the London School of Economics, Ciravegna holds a Master of Public Administration from the University of Oxford and a PhD from the London School of Economics.
Mahsa Memarian is Professor of Finance at INCAE Business School. He received his Ph.D. in Financial Management from IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Spain. His research interest lies in the intersection of Urban / Real Estate Economics, Asset Pricing and Corporate Finance. He has a Master of Science in Management Research from IESE Business School, a Master of Science in Socioeconomic Systems Engineering specializing in Economics and Finance from Sharif University of Technology, Iran, and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tehran, Iran.
Psychologist by profession, Ramiro Casó has developed his career in two areas: communication and teaching. In the first, he has worked as a strategic planner in important advertising agencies such as JWT, Publicis, DRAFTFCB and BBDO. In the teaching area, he began as a professor at the School of Psychology of the Andrés Bello Catholic University and at the International Center for Professional Updating of the same university (Caracas, Venezuela). He has recently taught courses on Business Analytics at INCAE Business School (Alajuela, Costa Rica), both in executive master's programs and in open programs.
Luis Eduardo Lopez
- Full professor at INCAE in the areas of operations management, technology and systems dynamics. Director of the Executive Master in Operations and Technology.
- He has developed simulation models to evaluate capacity requirements in processing plants, behavior in multi-store distribution chains or to predict behavior in hospital care networks.
- With a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Costa Rica and a degree in Marine Engineering from the Academy of the Merchant Marine of the United States, López has an MBA from INCAE and a PhD from the Sloan School of Management at MIT.
Roy Gerardo Zuniga
- INCAE full professor in the areas of managerial decisions, innovation and technology, and quantitative methods. Co-director of the Executive Master in Marketing and Digital Transformation and the Executive Master in Business Analytics.
- He has been a consultant for the World Bank, founder and member of boards of directors of several companies, advisor to the Industrial Reconversion Program of Costa Rica in various sectors: leather and footwear, textiles, food, plastics.
- With a degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Costa Rica, Zúñiga has an MBA from INCAE, a Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and Environmental Management from the University of Oregon, a Master's Degree in Organization and Learning from the Manchester School of Management, a Doctorate in Engineering Industrial from the University of Valladolid and a Doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Manchester.
Eduardo Luis Montiel
INCAE full professor in the areas of banking and finance; participates in the EMBA and the Latin American Leadership MBA.
- He was President of the Superintendency of Banks and Director of the Central Bank of Nicaragua as well as Governor of the Inter-American Development Bank and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration.
- With a degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Michigan, Montiel has a Master of Science from MIT and a Doctorate in Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
Camelia Ilie is Full Professor, Dean of Executive Education and Strategic Innovation, and Chair of the Center for Collaborative and Women's Leadership at INCAE, a leading business school in Latin America. Dr. Ilie leads the digital transformation at the institution through INCAE Online, an initiative designed and launched in partnership with Emeritus, a global leading EdTech player. Presently, more than 7.000 students are taught each year in the areas under her leadership.
She serves as a member of several international boards, such as Chair of the External Advisory Council of the Institute for Advanced Studies of the University of Miami, Member of the Advisory Council for Latin America of the AACSB, Editorial Committee of LID Latin America, and Faculty Affiliate in the Program for the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration of the Maxwell School of Syracuse University.
Trained as an engineer in medical devices and atomic physics, Dr. Ilie held executive and academic positions at international organizations and launched several multi-countries strategic business units with universities, multinationals, and global EdTech institutions leading to business transformation and high impact on the P&Ls. She focuses on consulting and teaching in Leadership development, Change management, Diversity and inclusion for top management and Board teams.
She has developed resilience, cultural awareness, and a global mindset thanks to the opportunity to work with executives and companies from more than 15 countries. was a Visiting Scholar at the Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University. In the Harvard Review for Latin America, Camelia writes the Focus on Women under the Covid-19 column.
Dr. Ilie has received several recognitions, such as the Women of the Decade Award in Education and Leadership by the Women Economic Forum Latin America and was part of the Top 100 most powerful women in Central America and the Caribbean list of the Forbes Magazine.
- Full-time associate professor at INCAE; teaches courses in the areas of finance and international business for MBA students.
- He has been a consultant for the Harvard Institute for International Development, the Government of Costa Rica and business groups in the region, mainly on issues of business valuation and financial strategies.
- With a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Costa Rica, Jenkins has an MBA from INCAE and a PhD in International Economics and Finance from Brandeis University.
Silke Verena Bucher
Assistant Professor with a specialization in Organizational Behavior and Leadership. He obtained his Ph.D. in Organizational Change from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. He completed his post-doctorate in the Chair of Strategic Management in Pluralistic Environments at HEC Montréal, Canada.
Florian M. Federspiel
He obtained his Ph.D. in Management Decision Science from IE Business School and an MSc. in International Management from the same school. Assistant Professor at INCAE Business School and focuses on Management Decision Sciences. He is also an Adjunct Professor in the area of Operations and Technology at IE Business School, and a member of the Decision Analysis Society (INFORMS), as well as co-editor of the Ask Das column of Decision Analysis Today.
Data Science Institute Latam Co-Founder. Master in Statistical Methods from the Pontifical University, Universidad Católica de Chile. Doctorate studies in Economics and Finance at the University of La Rioja Spain. Diploma in Advanced Financial Analysis and Financial Management from the Pontifica, Catholic University of Chile. Commercial Engineer with a specialization in Marketing, from the Central University of Chile
Bernard Kilian is Associate Dean and Faculty of INCAE Business School. Originally from Germany, he earned a PhD in Environmental Resource Economics and a Master of Agricultural Science with an emphasis in Economics, both from the University of Hohenheim, Germany.
Full professor at INCAE, where he teaches Industrial Organization, eBusiness and International Finance. He has a master's degree and a doctorate from Harvard University.
Gabriel is a business director with experience in multinational environments, having worked in a number of industries, with special emphasis on the technology and education sector, he has been responsible for the delivery of more than 200 business transformation projects in countries around the world.
Arnoldo Camacho, originally from Costa Rica, obtained a Ph.D. in Finance and Development from Ohio State University, as well as an MA in International Economics. He also obtained a Bachelor of Civil Engineering from the University of Costa Rica.