Business Intelligence: Building a Data-Driven Business
Are you taking advantage of the information generated by your customers? Are you getting better results and competitive advantages with Big Data? To take advantage of this opportunity, new disciplines such as Business Intelligence and Analytics will help to enhance executive management with modern information technology solutions.
A revolutionary program that will allow you to promote the area of Business intelligence of your organization. Through crucial information you will be able to make better decisions, optimize your information systems and develop strategies to lead the major transformations of your company.
“Being in the most prestigious business school in the region is an experience that I value very much, for the knowledge, the experience of the teachers, the case studies and the coexistence with the other participants. I take with me several models, many ideas, implementations that we want to carry out in our organization and in the community, it is something that I have been applying from the first day of the program ”.
Deputy Manager of Commercial Support Agencies
Rosibel Erazo Silva
“In this program we have managed to interact with executives from different countries, there is a lot of richness in the comments, in the shared experiences. It is important to change the paradigms that we had before, many of the decision-making has to be done with data, analysis, information, with knowledge of social networks ”.
Territory Support Specialties
William Brenes Gonzalez
Business Intelligence: Building a Data-Driven Business
• Introduction to Business Intelligence in the context of digital transformation
• Analytical capabilities and competitive advantage
• Introduction to Analytics
• The social and technical architecture of a data-driven organization
• The organization of the company driven by data
• Do's and dont's of a BI implementation
• Visualization and new trends in BI
• Stories and numbers: The power of storytelling with data in the managerial field
• Complexity management: the role of processes and their data
• Implementation of Business Intelligence: putting together the vision of technology and the vision of the business
* Includes tuition, teaching materials and certificate of participation.
* The investment amount does not include taxes or commissions.
* INCAE reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
* Your information is confidential.
- Case analysis and group discussions
- Practical cases
General Directors (CEO), and Directors or professionals from the areas of Strategic Planning and Control, Commercial, Human Resources and Systems or professionals in general who wish to expand and integrate knowledge on topics of: Strategic Measurements, Analytics, Control Boards and Management Information , Business Intelligence and its use to improve the issuance and use of measurements.
Juan Carlos Barahona, Ph.D. (MIT)Director
Juan Carlos Barahona is an associate professor of technology and innovation management at INCAE, the leading business school in Latin America, where he also serves as the academic director of executive master's degrees in marketing and digital transformation.
Maria Elena CarballoTeacher
Professor María Elena Carballo, a native of Costa Rica, obtained a doctorate in Literary Studies and a master's degree, both from Brandeis University, in the United States. His doctoral thesis was on "The Autumn of the Patriarch" by García Márquez, and the Spanish-American novel of the dictatorship.
Roy Gerardo ZunigaTeacherHe completed his doctoral studies in Complexity Management at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, England and the University of Valladolid, Spain, graduated Summa Cum Laude, for his work in Strategy Execution and Operationalization. He has a Master of Philosophy in Strategic Simulation and Organizational Learning from Manchester School of Management. ...
Carla Fernandez-CorralesTeacherProfessor Carla Fernández Corrales obtained her Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In addition, she completed graduate studies in Industrial Engineering and obtained with honors an Academic Master's Degree in Computing and Informatics, both from the University of Costa Rica. She was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship from...
Stephen R. BrenesTeacher
He specializes in the areas of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and was Dean of INCAE Business School from 2001 to 2007. He currently leads the Steve Aronson Chair of Strategy and Agribusiness and is the Academic Director of the Executive MBA (EMBA) and the Senior Management Program.
Gerzo Gallardo Morales
- Data Science Institute Latam Co-Founder | Guest Professor Master Business Analytics INCAE
- Master in Statistical Methods from the Pontifical, Catholic University ...
- Develop and level knowledge about the management tools that have enhanced strategic direction, by relying on modern information or measurement technologies.
- Understand how its use can be crucial to achieve organizational objectives when executing strategies.
- Help improve teamwork and integrate different sectors in these projects.
- Analyze global and regional success stories in the use of these tools.
- Train the sales force so that they can make better use of the CRM information for prospecting and customer management.
- Understand the opportunities presented by the BIG DATA revolution.
- Convert BI projects into managerial projects.
- Learn to value the contribution of these projects.
- Motivate users to use these systems in a timely manner.
- Recover the investment with management tools of greater added value.
- Incorporate new analyzes that allow obtaining competitive advantages.
- Promote the use of measurements to direct and execute the strategy.
- Align the BI project with the strategy.
- Understand the keys to a successful BI project.