Camelia Ilie is Dean of Executive Education and Strategic Innovation, Full Professor and Chair of the Leadership Center for Inclusive and Sustainable Leadership (CELIS) of INCAE, a leading business school in Latin America. Dr. Ilie leads the digital transformation at the institution through INCAE Online, an initiative designed and launched in partnership with Emeritus, a leading global player in EdTech. Currently, more than 7.000 students are trained each year in the areas under her direction.
She serves as a member of several international boards, such as Chair of the External Advisory Council of the Institute for Advanced Studies of the University of Miami, Member of the Advisory Council for Latin America of the AACSB, Editorial Committee of LID Latin America, and Faculty Affiliate in the Program for the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration of the Maxwell School of Syracuse University.
Trained as an engineer in medical devices and atomic physics, Dr. Ilie held executive and academic positions at international organizations and launched several multi-countries strategic business units with universities, multinationals, and global EdTech institutions leading to business transformation and high impact on the P&Ls. She focuses on consulting and teaching in Leadership development, Change management, Diversity and inclusion for top management and Board teams.
She has developed resilience, cultural awareness, and a global mindset thanks to the opportunity to work with executives and companies from more than 15 countries. was a Visiting Scholar at the Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University. In the Harvard Review for Latin America, Camelia writes the Focus on Women under the Covid-19 column.
Dr. Ilie has received several recognitions, such as the Women of the Decade Award in Education and Leadership by the Women Economic Forum Latin America and was part of the Top 100 most powerful women in Central America and the Caribbean list of the Forbes Magazine.
- Ph.D. - Business Administration. Thesis: Impact of management development programs on business strategy, dissertation May 2009, Summa Cum Laude. Comillas Pontifical University, ICADE, Department of Business Management, Madrid, Spain.
- Engineer - Senior Engineer, Specialist in Optical and Biomedical Devices. Polytechnic University, Bucharest, Romania
- Diploma - Dean's Leadership Course. School of Medicine, Leadership and Educational Administration, Darmouth College, Boston, USA.
- Diploma - Corporate Governance: Essentials for a New Business Era. The Warton School, USA
- Diploma - Advanced Studies, Business Strategy. Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
- Diploma - Senior Executive Program. ESADE Business School, Madrid, Spain
- Diploma - Senior Executive Program. Babson College, Boston, USA
- business transformation
- Organizational Change and Development
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Human Resources
- Women Leadership
Leadership Voices with Camelia Ilie
How to build an exceptional life?
Latin American Leadership with a Global Perspective
Providing value from diversity
Strategic life plans
Education: Challenges and opportunities for women in the new context
Women leaders in politics
Women who opened new frontiers
Visionary women in the financial world
The depth of aesthetics
Let's change our brain
Changing our world