He earned a Ph.D. in Finance and Development, and an MA in International Economics from Ohio State University, as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Costa Rica, with Honors Graduation.
He is a Full Professor at INCAE Business School, in the area of Currency, Banking and Finance, Financial Institutions and Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Evaluation and Risk Management.
He also has the Stock Market Operator's License in the Equity Market, Options and Futures Market, and the Clearing House of the Madrid Stock Exchange, Spain, granted by the Spanish Stock Exchange and Markets Institute (BME).
Their responsibilities include:
- Academic Director of the Master in Economics and Finance, Ministry of Economy and Finance of Panama.
- Co Director of the Executive Master in Finance, INCAE Business School.
- Director of the Financial Specialization Program. INCAE Business School - Cheung Kong University.
- Director of the Seminar-Workshop on Risk Management in Financial Institutions.
- Director of the Financial Strategy Seminar.
- Academic Director of the Finance Program - Instituto de Previsión Social de Paraguay.
- Director of the Governance and Financial Inclusion Program, INCAE - IDB / MIF.
- Ph.D. in Finance and Development - Ohio State University
- MA International Economics - Ohio State University
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering - University of Costa Rica
- Quantitative methods
- Quantitative methods
- Financial Institutions and Capital Markets
- Money and banking
- Introduction to Consulting
- Management Consulting Practice
Prof. Camacho also held the following positions:
- Academic Director of the Economic Training Program of the World Bank-INCAE,
- Director of the INCAE Banking Training Program,
- Visiting professor at the European Business School, Frankfurt, where he taught Finance in Emerging Markets and Corporate Finance. (2008-2012).
Public and related charges
- He was President of the National Council for the Supervision of the Financial System in Costa Rica from June 1999 to February 2002
- He was Prosecutor of the Interested Management Contract of the Juan Santamaría International Airport from November 2003 to December 2004.
- He is fluent in English, French and Spanish, and has worked as a consultant in Latin America, Africa, and Europe.